Search
Register
new atmosphere song!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

CaptainFantasy

Maybe we'll be lucky enough to get a tour with Dibbs again. I miss those old shows with Dibbs tearing up Sabbath.

A tour with Heirospecs like on Sad Clown Bad Dub 3 would be cool too.
Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:46 pm
xGasPricesx

anomaly wrote:
Speaking of Soundset, lol @ 2 Chainz being on the bill.

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:46 am
anomaly
Loserface

okay then
Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:41 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Speaking of Soundset artists...
Lizzobangerz is a good album. Lazerbeak is underrated.

I saw this article the other day and was surprised that neither her or Dessa were mentioned.. (Dessa was at least mentioned in the comments)..

http://www.npr.org/blogs/codeswitch/2014/03/04/285718351/where-did-all-the-female-rappers-go
Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:19 pm
AdamBomb

Anybody feel like Macklemore kind of ran with Slug's style and capitalized when he fused the style with more danceable tunes?
Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:45 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

AdamBomb wrote:
Anybody feel like Macklemore kind of ran with Slug's style and capitalized when he fused the style with more danceable tunes?

I hear more Brother Ali and Sage influence...
Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:53 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

uuuhhhhhhhh

you fuckfaces
Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:00 pm
xGasPricesx

anomaly wrote:
okay then

Sorry, I had come across your comments right after reading the ones on Atmosphere's FB about it, which were pretty awful. Was kind of irritated about it at the time. If I misread your comment and you weren't just on some "Fuck 2Chainz, that shit isn't real hip-hop" then I apologize.
Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:17 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Neuro wrote:
uuuhhhhhhhh

you fuckfaces

Are you flirting with me?
Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:15 am
anomaly
Loserface

xGasPricesx wrote:
anomaly wrote:
okay then

Sorry, I had come across your comments right after reading the ones on Atmosphere's FB about it, which were pretty awful. Was kind of irritated about it at the time. If I misread your comment and you weren't just on some "Fuck 2Chainz, that shit isn't real hip-hop" then I apologize.

That's Facebook for you. I finally deleted my account because I can't stand people on there.

No apology needed. He draws a crowd and they're in it to sell tickets so I get it, Personally, I think he creates garbage music, which is why I lol'ed, but I wouldn't attack Atmosphere on their Facebook regarding the subject. I'm not that passionate about it. It's whateva. Let the people dance
Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:53 am
SFR announcement

xGasPricesx wrote:
anomaly wrote:
okay then

Both sides have done a poor job arguing their point. This is no time to get sucked into a Facebook shit storm though so I'll just...tippy-tow away while thinking about it constantly because I have no place I can properly vent. So, yeah, I'll probably have to get sucked into the shit storm at some point. Don't let it happen. No.
Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:03 pm
anomaly
Loserface

It's weird not having a Facebook. I feel free yet disconnected from the world.

I don't want to argue. I drink your milkshake.
Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:38 pm
xGasPricesx

SFR announcement wrote:
xGasPricesx wrote:
anomaly wrote:
okay then

Both sides have done a poor job arguing their point. This is no time to get sucked into a Facebook shit storm though so I'll just...tippy-tow away while thinking about it constantly because I have no place I can properly vent. So, yeah, I'll probably have to get sucked into the shit storm at some point. Don't let it happen. No.

Haha, if this is Sage posting under the account, then you (and B) are some of the very few people who I would listen to rant about that subject. Not a huge fan of 2Chainz myself, there was a novelty to him that I kind of liked at first, but that wore off fairly quickly. I think where I get frustrated is people who make arguments about artists like him that basically boil down to, "he's not talking about intellectual things, or things I directly relate to, so he his horrible". (This same thing goes for pop music in general, and I've just known way too many people who will automatically discount it if it is played on the radio and doesn't sound like Radiohead or whoever the fuck they worship)

I definitely think arguments could be made as to why 2Chainz, and other artists like him, are just bad in most every conceivable way, unfortunately I guess I just don't hang out in many places where those arguments are being made in an even relatively intelligent manner. Anyways, sorry, I swear I'm not trying to drag you into that even if I would like to read your opinions on it (even though you kind of me teased me with it already without giving me the details)
Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:22 pm
anomaly
Loserface

If you're not a fan either, why even post that screenshot you did and wtf are you babbling about?

Clown shoes.
Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:01 pm
xGasPricesx

Just because I'm not a fan of something doesn't mean I actively hate it or think it's ridiculous that an artist that I'm not a fan of would be playing a festival with artists that I do like. Not being a fan of something != thinking it has no right to co-exist with things that I do like.

Also, I guess I wasn't entirely clear, 2Chainz isn't something I would throw on while in the car by myself, but at a party or a club I would be cool with hearing a track or two. I basically see it as dance music. Nothing more, nothing less.

(Edit:i If I'm still not making sense, then just forget it. Working 16-20 hour days the past couple weeks, got a combined total of 8 hours of sleep so far this week. What I'm saying makes sense in my head right now, but if it doesn't to anyone else, then I won't be able to get it to that point right now. Just wanted to rant/think about something that wasn't a personal life problem for a minute)
Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:19 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next