Search
Register
new atmosphere song!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Captiv8

Man... I'm not sure why the first single was the first single, as it didn't convey how awesome this record truly is. After listening to the stream I'm jacked to get this when it drops. These beats are some of the best Ant has ever done, and Slug brings his storytelling magic per usual. Very excited for this.
Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:55 am
Flawed Logic

Location: Austin, TX - Albuquerque, NM - Kalamazoo, MI - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

The album as a whole sounds great. Killer beats and great lyrics. New albums from Atmosphere and Sage - YES PLEASE!
Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:12 am
sewer samuel

Sage Francis wrote:
Star Shaped Heart has been my jam every since Mr. Daley sent me a link to the album. At first I thought the scratching at the end was too playful and random, but after multiple listens I really love that song from beginning to end.

Also, yes, the tribute to Mikey is special/needed/appreciated/beautiful/crushing/cathartic.

I can't fully explain how I feel about it or why. Not yet. But I will say that the first time I heard Flicker I broke down. And each time after that...I still can't stop the tears. I can't listen to it casually and I don't think it was meant to be listened to casually. But there it is, on an album that almost insists that you can enjoy it all on a relatively casual basis...until that song. That might be what gives it more of a punch to the gut. I don't know. Last night I played it for a special person in my life and I'm grateful that I could be properly held and consoled by the time it was finished. I think I missed a lot of that important stuff since the fuckery of 2010.

When all is said and done, my army and I can always go back to Star Shaped Heart and look for lucrative wounds to lick.

glad you wrote this.

i listened to the whole thing by the beach in sf last night while the sun was setting.

the first song is such a great song to open the album with. the would might not live through the night is so catchy, it hasnt left my head since i heard it. every great album should be like a roller coaster with ups and downs, and this is what is achieved with southsiders.
Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:27 pm
remind

Affirmation! It would appear I'm trying to play this out before it drops on Tuesday. But nahhhhh. Really feeling Mrs. Interpret and Southsiders (the song). Flicker is outstanding. It's early, but I'm liking this more than Family Sign.

See you at the NYC release show, Sluggo! Anyone else going?
Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:45 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

album is super dope i like it a lot so far, give me more time to soak it in though

off the bat though Southsiders( title track,not remix) is a BANGER

so many good tracks each will have their time

also about flicker, i didnt know what the song was when it came on and then when i started putting it together right away it hit me big, a very beautiful song, i wasnt even homies, just a music listener and this song just gets ya
Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:44 pm
DeadAwake

The production is very atmospheric.

"Hold your breath and than dive in the decadence"
Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:15 pm
Captiv8

Downloading the bonus track version from Fifth Element now. I listened to the snippets of the bonus tracks on iTunes and they are monsters. Shiiiiit... I don't normally approve of super lengthy albums, but this one feels like a privilege and not a chore. Can't wait to put this on my speakers!
Post Wed May 07, 2014 8:27 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i dont need no fancy shit

one of very favorites already
Post Wed May 07, 2014 10:09 am
Captiv8

Neuro wrote:
i dont need no fancy shit

one of very favorites already

If that's in reference to the bonus tracks, they're not fancy, but they are well worth your time and money. The same was true of the bonus tracks for The Family Sign.

"Hell ain't nothin but a place in Michigan." It's true.
Post Wed May 07, 2014 11:38 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

"i dont need no fancy shit" is a bonus track, youtube it
Post Wed May 07, 2014 11:40 am
anomaly
Loserface

I lived in Fenton, MI years back (south of Flint); i liked Michigan
Post Wed May 07, 2014 3:48 pm
mancabbage

great album, the hell beat is my fav so far
Post Wed May 07, 2014 6:08 pm
Jesus Frank

Three listens deep so far. There's a lot of death on this album... Death, love and a humbled perspective on life that really resonates. The "Camera Thief" video from after a plane crash works for the whole album, "Flicker" is an integral part of it though I wouldn't presume it's all about that.

The 2008-forward Atmosphere took a lot of getting used to for me, it wasn't until recently I went back and was able to appreciate WLGYLYPTSG, TAMF/BMTBH and TFS (hahaha, that was great typing those out) in a maaajor way. Nowadays I might even put this new era Atmosphere over the older if I had to choose.

So proud to support both this and Copper Gone with pre-orders and it's awesome they're both released within a month of each other. What a start on the 2014 summer.
Post Fri May 09, 2014 6:59 am
SFR announcement

"Southersiders" is now available on CD + 2LP here: http://tinyurl.com/SouthsidersATMSPH
Post Fri May 09, 2014 11:00 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

♫ might remind you of an ordinary person, but
i'm the shit -- i get followed by a courtesy flush ♫

:-D
Post Fri May 09, 2014 1:49 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next