Search
Register
"COPPER GONE" - MP3, CD, VINYL, tapes & errrrr
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

FreddyD

Just got finished with my first playthrough, and...Holy Fucking Shit.
Post Tue May 27, 2014 2:39 pm
Limbs

This album breezes right by. I feel like 20 minutes went by.
Post Tue May 27, 2014 5:25 pm
Limbs

The set up is already all mine. My favorite song so far. And then the Brittany spears beat drops and I can't help but feel so many conflicting things and then just smile, think, "god damn you sage" and totally fall right back in line. Such a satisfying album.
Post Wed May 28, 2014 8:33 am
Limbs

No one else is nerding out over this?

Neuro?
Post Wed May 28, 2014 8:57 am
mancabbage

i am, had it on all day, love it, first impressions i think it might be some of the best music i heard from uncle francis, beats are amazing, reminds me a lot of a healthy distrust in places, need to take a minute to digest the words
Post Wed May 28, 2014 10:41 am
smake

Wow. Copper Gone really delivers. Infinitely quotable, honest, reassuring, messy, hard. It is a beautiful and much, much needed record. It just oozes quality.

It does remind me of AHD, but it basically takes everything I love from the previous records and takes it a step further. Thank You and Make Em Purr tug at your heart strings, while tracks like Say Uncle, Vonegut Busy, Cheat Code and Pressure Cooker knock you in the face. And Dead Man's Float is just epic.

To me this is perhaps the most consistent Sage record. I can't wait to dissect the lyrics and delve into the record. This is a strong contender for my favorite record of the year. But most of all, one of my favorite records in general. And to top it off I will be witnessing these tracks live in October. Thanks for all the effort. It is so, so appreciated.
Post Wed May 28, 2014 11:30 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Limbs wrote:
No one else is nerding out over this?

Neuro?

I AM GOING BANANANAS OVER HERE BRO

CANT WAIT TO GET THE CD, maybe even the vinyl

this is the album i was expecting when Li(f)e dropped
Post Wed May 28, 2014 11:50 am
DeadAwake

Gave this a quick randomized buzz through. Just touched it to my tongue. Ingestion hasnt even begun, let alone digestion, assimilation. I fully intend to make this into a heavy footed kick into my ass.
Post Wed May 28, 2014 4:40 pm
Limbs

Yeah I'm actually considering buying the cd just to have something in my hands right now.

I really couldn't have gotten the download at a better time. I've had good stretches of time for quality listening. Just road tripped with a sage virgin and played the whole record all the way through.

I enjoyed watching his face during certain parts.
Post Wed May 28, 2014 5:23 pm
xGasPricesx

Gah. I want to listen to this so bad, especially since I pretty much overdid my listening to of 'Southsiders' already. But I really want to wait till I get the physical copy and bump it in my car. Have any of the pre-orders been shipped out yet? If not, when will they start being shipped out?
Post Wed May 28, 2014 6:08 pm
Plum Puddin'

Best Sage album yet. Beats are dope. Need time to listen properly but raps sound golden.

HEY, YOU, GET OFF THAT CLOUD, YOU-DONT-KNOW-WHAT-THAT-TECHNOLOGY-ALLOWS UH!
Post Wed May 28, 2014 7:06 pm
FreddyD

Plum Puddin' wrote:
Best Sage album yet.

I think I have to agree. I've loved AHD so much for so long I was starting to think it wasn't going to be able to be topped. But the strength of this album from front to back just has me right now. I don't know at this early stage that there can be a top four tracks that can out-muscle Buzz Kill, Escape Artist, Sea Lion, and Bridle, but the sheer dopeness of the entirety of Copper Gone is completely undeniable.

I'll be in Boston on Saturday and I can't fucking wait. After I absorb that I think I'll be ready to break down some tracks on what I think is shaping up to be a classic album.
Post Wed May 28, 2014 9:06 pm
remind

Neuro wrote:

I AM GOING BANANANAS OVER HERE BRO

LOL.

Shit's been on straight repeat, kiddd. So many lines are hitting me in the face from every direction and the production is fucking serious. Also still fully absorbing but this shit's making me purrrrr.

Real suped for the show on Friday now! Who's going? Let's get drunk and yell shit.
Post Wed May 28, 2014 9:57 pm
Szechwan

Exactly what I was hoping for. You done it Francis
Post Wed May 28, 2014 10:00 pm
SFR announcement

So...apparently this is a song review for "Dead Man's Float":

http://freemusicempire.com/2014/05/28/song-review-dead-mans-float-by-sage-francis/

Song Review-Dead Manís Float by Sage Francis produced by Cecil Otter

by Dan-O

The new Sage Francis album Copper Gone is the oldest album of 2014. It feels like that desperate essay Jack Kerouac wrote about how the hippies misunderstood his writing. It feels like Neil Young yelling that kids listening to mp3ís canít even hear the music anymore. The album practically bleeds words, every oozing one biting and poetic shouted in a 1989 fuzzy Kangol Def Jam cadence.

I live in Maine and all across the east coast you can gather a lifetime of stories about how much people hate Sage Francis. Iíve seen the brightest poetic minds speak about him as if he were their worst abusive ex. This is not fiction; if you follow him on any form of social media you will see him calling as many people on the carpet as he can in an acidic tone consistent with his musical persona. Am I biased? Iíve watched him come on stage after M.O.P. and make fun of them for no reason; sat and studied Scribble Jam battles on dvd like they were scripture. Iíve danced with him at a merch table, most of all Iíve watched him throw the funk down on many occasions.

You canít find a Sage Francis album that was mailed in, made because it had to be. Heís not an artist digging to find his soul. More like an uncomfortable square peg throwing his tightly clutched soul at you as hard as he can. The chant of Dead Manís Float feels like something he hears in his head, the criticism of those putting the old MC out to pasture (this is confirmed by the countless reflections on his age throughout the album). His cutting wit lashes out at religion ďItís been said faith can move a mountainÖfaith couldnít even move low income families away from biblical floods when they were all drowning,Ē and in doing so leads to something every Sage fan should inscribe somewhere ďShut up when the Captain talks! The secret of the enlightened is to preach against whatever it is they practice in the dark.Ē Copper Gone will hopefully make sure that his career is never misinterpreted. Think of his catalog as one long uncomfortable conversation with your paranoid unkempt uncle and fit this LP somewhere. That talk you never forget where heís so drunk that the poetry of inebriated introspection and inborn distrust of the worlds moving parts merge somehow. It becomes something so farcically untrue and personal but on another level, factual in a way you will never admit.
Post Wed May 28, 2014 11:26 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next