Search
Register
Getting back into hip-hop
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Limbs

Captiv8 wrote:
Thanks, Flossin. I don't really get it either, as I've never really interacted with Limbs on the forum, and certainly not in real life. But I just remembered that Limbs' fantasy football name was Kendrick's Challenge, so there seems to be some weirdly misplaced loyalty here coupled with some even more misplaced anger toward me.

I only played fantasy football once and I won. And that wasn't my name. You never know what you're talking about. I'm not angry at you. You're just in the way all the time. You needed to be told how goddamn uninteresting you are. It needed to be done.

When are you and malpractice getting married?
Post Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:17 pm
Captiv8

Limbs wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:
Thanks, Flossin. I don't really get it either, as I've never really interacted with Limbs on the forum, and certainly not in real life. But I just remembered that Limbs' fantasy football name was Kendrick's Challenge, so there seems to be some weirdly misplaced loyalty here coupled with some even more misplaced anger toward me.

I only played fantasy football once and I won. And that wasn't my name. You never know what you're talking about. I'm not angry at you. You're just in the way all the time. You needed to be told how goddamn uninteresting you are. It needed to be done.

When are you and malpractice getting married?

You're right. That was laurapalmer. Us simpletons get confused easily.

Malpractice and I are trying to find time between our remedial learning classes. As a mouth-breathing idiot, they're especially difficult for me.

I know it's all cozy and safe beyond your computer screen, but really with all the character attacks?

Why don't you try making a case for Kendrick to me? Or stating why you disagree with me instead of just bellowing at someone you don't know and will never meet. Make some insights to show that your opinions are in fact valid and worth reading. It's weird that you're trying to prove to me and others how interesting and intelligent you are by peggin me as the moronic dullard. Have a conversation with me instead of exploding with some really misplaced aggression that's neither here nor there.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:05 pm
Limbs

You missed my point. It's ok. I wasn't expecting you to get it. This was for me. Something I needed. For me.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:03 pm
Captiv8

Limbs wrote:
You missed my point. It's ok. I wasn't expecting you to get it. This was for me. Something I needed. For me.

That's because it was poorly articulated, you hopeless curmudgeon.

But I'm glad to have helped with your internet quest for self-worth.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:33 pm
IAmNiki

Good Kid, Maad City is one of the few albums I've ever enjoyed listening to all the way through, multiple times.

It's fine not to like really good hip hop but to say he can't pick a beat or isn't a good lyricist is a bit hilarious.

<object><param><param><param>
Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:06 am
Flossin

Yeah, it's very hilarious. I'm sure the guy who started this thread and noted he already checked out Kendrick and it wasn't his thing in the very first post, will now really reconsider his opinion, after being forcefed him for 2/3rds of this thread, and telling him what a crime it is to think Kendrick isn't all that. If he ever comes back.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:45 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

IAmNiki wrote:
Good Kid, Maad City is one of the few albums I've ever enjoyed listening to all the way through, multiple times.

It tells a good story.
And the skits add to the album... which often isn't the case with rap CDs.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:58 am
Captiv8

It's all very subjective though, right? I don't think that Poetic Justice beat is good at all. You do. Some people will agree with me, others won't. Who gives a fuck if somebody doesn't like the same rapper you do, or I do, or anyone does? (Unless that rapper is you). Clearly everyone on this forum at least has a love for Sage Francis and SFR in common. I don't understand all this defensiveness.

And, for the record, I conceded that I understood Kendrick Lamar's lyrical appeal after I sat down and listened to the tracks B. Dolan posted in their entirety. I just don't like the beats he raps over. That's it. I'm sure he's a nice guy. I'm not knocking him personally, or his style, because there's clearly a market for what he does. I'm not knocking people that like him either, even if I don't understand it. It's just not for me, and I've yet to have somebody explain to me why they enjoy Kendrick.

All I know is that I look for both lyrical and production greatness in what I listen to, and for me personally Kendrick doesn't tick both of those boxes. That's it.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:07 am
Limbs

God you're boring.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:47 am
Limbs

You're like that scenester who always has advice for cats when they get off stage.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:07 am
Captiv8

Limbs wrote:
God you're boring.

Your senseless vendetta isn't exactly the pinnacle of excitement. Terrific work, antagonizing me for no apparent reason other than bored trolling. We're all enthralled with your wit, insight, and charm.

You're quaint at best.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:08 am
Captiv8

Limbs wrote:
You're like that scenester who always has advice for cats when they get off stage.

And you're the heckler who disguises himself in the bathroom to ask for an autograph after the show.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:10 am
Limbs

That's not a real person tho. The scenester is. That's why my joke worked.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:11 am
Captiv8

Wow. You really think you're knocking it out of the park. You're a bush-league troll who contributes nothing. Congratulations on becoming the forum appendix, all inflammatory and screaming for attention.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:20 am
Limbs

Ok cap, here's what it is. Hopefully you'll be able to understand. Limbs is for the kids.

You don't know anything about anything about the things you review or critique or talk about. Now, that in itself isn't wrong. We all have opinions and they are fun to talk about it.

But you do it with such a missed place sence of accomplishment and understanding and authority and dullness that I just couldn't let it go unaddressed any longer.

Don't even get me started on the lions.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:24 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next