Search
Register
What is your dream mash-up?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Limbs

Or Ice-T.

Like having an ice-t reference in a sage song set off the ice-t song it's from.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:17 pm
xGasPricesx

Limbs wrote:
Yeah, and that's cool for sure. But I want to see sage back chuck during black steel and chuck do the rap back and forth parts with sage on buzzkill. You know. Stuff like that.

That would be pretty awesome. I would also pay really good money to see Fugazi and Wu-Tang perform some version of that Wugazi mash-up album live. (And as I type this I realize more and more that my musical tastes might not really line-up with the majority of this forum)
Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:25 pm
Marcus Forealius

xGasPricesx wrote:
Limbs wrote:
Yeah, and that's cool for sure. But I want to see sage back chuck during black steel and chuck do the rap back and forth parts with sage on buzzkill. You know. Stuff like that.

That would be pretty awesome. I would also pay really good money to see Fugazi and Wu-Tang perform some version of that Wugazi mash-up album live. (And as I type this I realize more and more that my musical tastes might not really line-up with the majority of this forum)

Maybe that'll be coming to a museum near you sometime soon.

I really enjoyed the Metermaids over Sufjan Stevens, and when Buck 65 rapped over a Fade to Black cut.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:00 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

P.O.S. and Tom Morello
Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:27 am
xGasPricesx

T-Wrex wrote:
P.O.S. and Tom Morello

That would be pretty awesome. I really wish I could see B. Dolan with early Dead Kennedy's. Also, even though it's already happened once, I would like to see Scroobius Pip to do more stuff with Travis Barker, because Introdiction really is a great track and that has a lot to do with how well Scroob raps over a Barker's drums. Throw in some P.O.S. with those two and I imagine they could make some great shit. Also, after discovering the story about Tom Waits beatboxing on Atmosphere's The Waitres, I realized that those two really collaborating on a track was something I never knew I needed before then. I would also really love to see Sage collaborate with Waits as well, that might be an even better fit than Atmosphere is. I know Sage used to be on Anti with Waits earlier on and all that, so it could have theoretically happened.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:46 am
Limbs

Nomeansno did a whole album with jello. I don't want nomeansno to work with anyone else I just like talking about nomeansno.

how fun would a dead milkman/sage francis show be?
Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:42 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

sage francis and neil young and bob dylan produced by kurtis sp feat prayers for atheists
Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:27 pm
xGasPricesx

A Sage/Dead Milkmen show would be fucking amazing.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:35 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Slug, Uncle Bob And The Silver Bullet Band

♫♪ workin' on the night moves ♪♫
Post Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:58 pm
Captiv8

Based off the song "We Don't Even Live Here (Weird Friends)", I'd like to hear Boys Noize and P.O.S. collaborate for a full album.

Something tells me that Busdriver and Of Montreal could make some cool shit.

I could also see Onry Ozzborn rhyming over something that Spencer Krug is/was involved in, like Wolf Parade or Sunset Rubdown.

If I recall correctly, Sage once received Beirut tickets as a birthday present. I would love to see something come together in the vein of Li(f)e.
Post Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:24 pm
sneeeeb
COCKRING WRAITH

Call me old-fashioned, but whenever I hear a mash-up or even the phrase "mash-up" I furrow my fucking brow and think about the days back before this era when everything was actually decent and proper.
Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:05 am
Captiv8

I'm choosing to view "mash-up" liberally on this occasion. I'm going with a collaborations more than a capellas over existing music.
Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:47 am
xGasPricesx

sneeeeb wrote:
Call me old-fashioned, but whenever I hear a mash-up or even the phrase "mash-up" I furrow my fucking brow and think about the days back before this era when everything was actually decent and proper.

I'll get off your lawn in just a minute, first just let me destroy this one last patch of grass. But yeah, there are definitely plenty of really shitty creations that people do in the name of "mash-ups" out there, I found plenty of them searching around on YouTube before I created this thread. But occasionally, in the right hands and with the right material, some pretty great stuff comes about. I really enjoy Buddy Peace's 'Buddy, Muddy & Wolf', I thought Cecil Otter did some great work with Wugazi and there were a few tracks I enjoyed off that Metermaids/Sufjan Stevens album. There's a lot more shit than gold, but I've always found it easy enough to ignore the shit stuff.
Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:13 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Do Nuclear Winter Vol.1 and Vol.2 count as a "mash-up"?..
Those shits kill.

Now, when I hear Black and Yellow on the radio, I rap Sole's shit over it.
Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:46 pm
Limbs

You know, a dream mashup doesn't have to stay a dream. You could figure out how to do it yourself. You have access to all the tools anyway. It's not like dreaming of AWESOME FUCKING CONCERT IDEAS that will never happen.
Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:52 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next